Saturday, November 17, 2007

Information Overload

Perhaps I was a little ambitious about this felting project. I conducted an Internet search thinking..."this will be great! I'll just find a project I like, pick up some wool yarn, follow the step-by-step instructions, and viola! I will have created a beautiful purse or hat. Just like that!"

Instead I have a discovered a new world of options that I never realized were available to me. There are books for beginners, intermediate, and expert felters, websites and blogs with added commentary, yarn specifications, patterns galore, SHEEP and WOOL TYPES? What am I supposed to do with all of the information? Presently I am feeling overwhelmed...

Can I find everything I need to know all in one place wrapped up in a cute little bow?

Last night I was excited to find yarn that I like, but now I am afraid to purchase it. The massive amounts of information have paralyzed me. I am in unfamiliar territory...once I purchase the yarn I have no idea what to do next. During my Internet search, I happened upon The CraftGossip Blog Network which contains an entire section devoted to felting. The site is an excellent resource, however fortunately or unfortunately I have yet to decide, it contains links to many additional resources. (I am trying to prevent a meltdown, therefore less is more.)

First things first, I will look for information for beginners only...

No comments: