Sunday, February 24, 2008

Promotional Opportunities

I love creating and often wish I could turn my part time passion into a full time job. I am sure there are many others that create knit products, jewelry, purses, clothing...and the list goes on that wish what many consider a "hobby" was in fact your full time career as well.

Recently, I have stumbled upon various different advertising opportunities for us part time business owners. It truly is a business...all the time spent creating, promoting, blog writing, promoting, taking custom orders, shipping - shall I continue? Never did I realize that this new venture of mine would consume hours of time. Please understand, I am not complaining...just amazed by the amount of work required to be an e-commerce business owner. My venue of choice.

Below I have listed a few promotional opportunities that you might be interested in reviewing and using:


1. Squido - In a nutshell, Squidoo according to the website, is free space on the Internet to use as you wish. Anyone can make a lens (a page like this http://www.squidoo.com/tabihats) and have exposure on the Internet. Anyone. For Free. I'm am not an Internet guru and I was able to set up my own personal Squido page. Click here to join Squido and set up your own personal page... http://www.squidoo.com/lensmaster/referral/TabiHats


2. Indiego - First let me say that I thought this was too good to be true. And then I tried Indiego for myself. What is it? Well, Indiego, which I pulled from their website, is a brand new advertising network for creative souls, much like yourself. On Indiego, you can advertise your products absolutely, positively for free, with the only requirement that you also advertise other people on your own personal website or blog.

There is no webpage to maintain, just list your name, site, picture, and you are done. Check it out at http://indiego.com/

3. Qassia - Visit Qassia at http://qassia.com/. With all of these weird names - Squido, Indiego, and now Qassia, I know you are wondering... What is this? According to their website, Qassia is a credit-driven intelligence engine coupled to a cascading tag-based web directory. Huh? It means that Qassia will change your life by giving you the ability to add your websites for free, and without having to add reciprocal backlinks. For your techie kind, you'll also get unlimited quality backlinks (as opposed to "no-follow" backlinks). You can also add intel. Short for "intelligence", intel is tidbits of information that you can add about the topics featured on your blog, website, or miscellaneous topics floating around in your head that you consider yourself an expert.

I hope you find this promotional information useful. If you decide to utilize any of the above sites send your feedback and share your experience with other readers. Or share your weblink so we can become internet friends!

No comments: