Thursday, March 13, 2008

Latte Neck Cozy



I am working on my next project for mom or possibly big sister, aunt, or cousin. As I stated previously, I have this unnatural affection towards neck cozies - which I have yet to determine the appropriate name. Neck cozy? Scarflette? Neckwarmer? Help! Because I see these terms used interchangeably, I'm not sure.
Anyway, I am using a Lion Brand Yarn called Bolero. It is both a thick-and-thin all-wool yarn. According to the Lion Brand website Bolero also "works up quickly and felts beautifully." Just a few other facts about Bolero:
  • Weight Category: 6 - Super Bulky: Bulky, Roving Yarn
  • 3.50 oz./100 g (55 yd/50 m)
  • 100% Wool
  • Gauge:Knit: 6 stitches by 8 rows = 4" (10 cm) with US #19 (15 mm) needles
  • Crochet: 4 sc by 5 rows = 4" (10 cm) with size Q-19 (15.mm) hook

The Bolero yarn comes in a variety of colors; however, I have chosen the "Latte". Latte is a beautiful mixture of cream and brown. I cannot wait to finish this project. The beauty of the yarn alone may cause me to keep the neck cozy for myself! Not to mention it is incredibly soft and thick.

The 100% wool fibers will felt if washed by machine in hot water; therefore special care instructions are required. Bolero requires hand washing in cool or warm water; dry flat and not by machine. Additionally, no bleach or iron.

If you use Bolero yarn, share your project. To be featured on TabiHats feel free to comment your name, contact email address, and project type for approval.

No comments: