Monday, May 12, 2008

Knitting For Dummies

When I learned to knit, I learned the "throwing" technique. Due to my lack of patience, I never learned any other techniques nor did I have any interest. Yes, call me the lazy knitter. This is the precise reason I learned to crochet - the basic stitches are a lot easier to master. (In my humble opinion) I am sure there are master knitters who would beg to differ. Don't get your panties in a bunch, I already admitted that I am a lazy knitter.

So while surfing the net... as I always do, I decided to make a pit stop at You-Tube. The sole purpose - to find a knitting tutorial. I was not disappointed - I found a great knitting tutorial by Craft Sanity highlighting the differences between the throwing and continental knitting techniques. Who could ask for anything more?  So, tonight in between being a mom, wife, and student (again) I plan to try the continental technique.

Watch the video THEN wish me luck! 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck indeed. I am stubbornly refused to learn the continental method too. I am content and happy knitting my slow, throwers style. I don't want to stop and have to relearn how to knit.

UniqueNurseGranny said...

Go girl.Love you tube...

njm said...

Marie and Uniquenursegranny,

I haven't tried yet, so I need all of the luck I can get. Last night I fell asleep before I knew what was happening.

I think I'll save this adventure for the weekend.